Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Holy Crap

The Royals are in the playoffs. I know I'm a little late here since they actually clinched a playoff berth in September, but things happened.

Amazingly enough, the Royals won their Wild Card game against the Oakland A's, then swept the team with the best record in the American League, the LA Angels of Anaheim in the ALDS. Now, the Royals are up 2-0 against the second best team in the American League, the Baltimore Orioles, and the series is now in Kansas City for three games (the third, if necessary).

How cool is this? I was 11 years old last time the Royals made the playoffs, and now that I'm 40, I appreciate this so much more. Back then, I figured we'd be back multiple times, never realizing that it would take 29 years for us to return. And we are two wins away from making the World Series. This is a fun ride and I'm not ready for it to end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home