Friday, May 26, 2006

I'd hate to say this, but...

The Royals really are the worst team I have ever seen. They are now 10-35, have a 13-game losing streak, and face the Yankees in New York this weekend. I feel the streak will be extended to 16 games. Sigh. I think the Royals need to make some moves, and drastic ones.

(1) FIRE BAIRD. Put him out of his misery. Don't stick this lame duck situation on him.

(2) Get rid of the veterans. I like the fact that Grudz is playing well, but he doesn't deserve to be in this situation. Field a team full of young players. Trade those you can, and just release those you can't.

(3) Don't let the Glasses run the team. Just let them own it. You cannot run the Royals like you run Wal-Mart. It is not the same. Playing on the cheap for a ball team will not help them compete. You want to spend some money, put it into development of the minor leaguers. Otherwise, putting in veterans that are just playing for the paycheck will hinder this team and they will never get better.

Man, I really hope the Royals get good again in my lifetime. Looking back, I know 2003 was a fluke. It looks like 2002, 2004, and 2005 were the real situation. 2006 is actually looking worse. Those three previous 100-loss seasons are looking better and better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home